Halloween is quickly approaching, and if you find yourself panicking because you have no idea on what to dress up as, you’ve come to the right place. This week in the blog, we are going to be going through three different makeup tutorials that are inspired by various Halloween-inspired looks. If you want to know how to use your makeup as a costume this year, keep on reading!
For our first Halloween look, we have this super fun Cheetah-inspired makeup! If you are interested in recreating this Cheetah look, use the following steps as a guide:
- Using our Golden Hour Luxe Eye and Cheek Beauty Palette and a small, dense, pointed brush, use the shade “Enchant” and draw four to eight circles/ovals on the right side of the face. Do not color in these circles/ovals. Be sure to have different-looking shapes as these outlines will mimic the spots on a Cheetah.
- Next, using the same palette, use the bronzer shade “Afterglow” to color in your various circles and ovals.
- To create the nose and mouth, use a Waterproof Mechanical Eye Definer Pencil in shade Black to color in the top of the nose along with the nostrils.
- Next, with the same Eye Definer Pencil, draw a line from the bottom of the nose to the top of the lip. Color in the top of the top lip and add dots around the upper lip area between the nose and the top lop to mimic whiskers.
- A Cheetah-inspired makeup look would not be complete without a classic cat eye! Use Total Precision Liquid Eyeliner in shade Black to draw an exaggerated wing liner, starting at the inner corner of the eye and brushing out to the outer corner.
- For our final step, spray with Set + Shield Environmental Defense Makeup Setting Mist all over the face to help your feline look last all night long!
Re-Vamp Your Look
For our second spooky Halloween look, we have this creepy vampire-inspired makeup look! To learn how to recreate this look, follow the steps below:
- First, we are going to start with the smoky eye. Take Eyesilk Eyeshadow in shade Black Onyx and apply all over the lid with a small blending brush. The entire eyelid should be covered in black. Be careful not to apply the black above the crease of the eyelid.
- Next, with the shade Coco Couture from the same Eyesilk collection, apply this deep brown hue with a fluffy blending eyeshadow brush throughout the crease to blend out any harsh lines from the black shadow.
- Repeat the same steps on the lower lash line, starting with Black Onyx closest to the lower lash line and blending the color out with Coco Couture.
- Next, using shade Sangria from the Eyesilk Eyeshadow collection, draw zig-zagged lines coming from the bottom of the lower lash line with a very small, angled eyeshadow brush. Blend out the zig zags so they are not super vibrant, as seen in the photo above.
- For the lips, we are going to apply a Lip Color in shade Red Carpet on the lips. Once lips are coated, draw two vertical lines down from both corners of the lips. Try to draw the lines a little curved to mimic the way blood would naturally drop.
- For our final step, spray with Set + Shield Environmental Defense Makeup Setting Mist all over the face to help your Halloween look not “vam-ish” throughout the night!
Super Cute Scarecrow
For our final Halloween-inspired makeup look, we have this rosy and vibrant scarecrow! If you are interested in copying this makeup for Halloween, follow the steps below.
- Starting with the eyes, go in with Eyesilk Eyeshadow in shade Rose all over the eyelid with a small blending brush. Make sure this eyeshadow color does not go above the crease of the eye!
- Next, use Eyesilk in shade Fame to blend out Rose from step 1. Blend this color all over the crease upwards towards the brow bone.
- For the face, use Face Paint Lip & Cheek Tint in shade Tuscan on the apples of the cheek and on the tip of the nose. Try not to blend out this color too much, we want the color to be bright and vibrant.
- Next, using Total Precision Liquid Eyeliner in Black, draw a sharp and thick cat-eye eyeliner starting from the inner corner and flicking out to the edge of the eye.
- With the same eyeliner, outline a triangle on the nose and two lines curving upwards, one on each side of the mouth.
- Using Eyesilk in shade Black Onyx, carefully apply this color onto lips in a patting motion.
- Going back to your lines from step 4, apply small lines with the same eyeliner around the exterior of the outline of the nose and small “X”’s on the curved lines around and on the mouth, as seen in the photo above.
- For our final step, spray with Set + Shield Environmental Defense Makeup Setting Mist all over the face to help keep your scarecrow look set all night long!